APPLY as an Intervention Agent
Are you passionate about intervention, and care about the safety of vulnerable people in a respectful and benevolent manner?
The intervention agent works in several environments such as hospitals, youth centres, residential and long-term care centres / homes, intermediate resources (IR), and others.
Works with a diverse clientele, including people living with an intellectual disability (ID) or an autism spectrum disorder (ASD), people living with a mental health disorder, people with a severe behavioural disorder (SBD), elderly people with a loss of autonomy, young people experiencing adaptation difficulties, etc.
Main duties of an Intervention Agent
- Conduct security rounds in the facility
- Provide support, supervision, guidance and animation to the individuals who are referred to it;
- Welcoming the clients
- Take charge of the person who is experiencing emotional crisis and/or with special help
- Support interveners by providing a presence
- Communicate observations with the help of meaningful reports;
- Use physical intervention whenever required to maintain safety
Check out our current job openings!
You can use our job search system to find the best job for you!
Do you have your highschool diploma?
Are you looking for a job in the field of social intervention?
Look no further!
We offer all the necessary training (must be available for intervention training on the dates proposed by the agency).
What are the advantages of working with us? Individualized follow-up and support from our professional clinical team at all times, flexible hours, benefits, competitive salary and more.
Abilities and skills required:
- Good ability to relate to others
- Excellent listening and empathy skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to perform therapeutic crisis intervention in a respectful and caring manner (ITCA training required to proceed)
- Strong ability to adapt
- Good ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Good oberservation and analytical skills
- Have the ability to assess issues independently and take action
- Good professional judgement
Indications that this job is for you:
- Would you like to work with a multidisciplinary team for whom the well-being of their clients is a top priority?
- Do you enjoy working directly with clients?
- Do you regard each human as unique, with their own strengths and personality? The user is, first and foremost, a person before the diagnosis.
- Do you care about everyone’s safety (users, colleagues, and yourself), while keeping in mind the respect and well-being of the users?
- Are you looking to find fulfillment in your work and to better yourself?
- Are you looking for new challenges and new experiences with different types of clientele?
- Do you have the initiative, and are you willing to help with daily tasks?
- High School Diploma (HSD) / (OSSD)
- 8-hour work shift
- Minimum availability of every other weekend
- Disability Insurance
- Supplementary Insurance Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Starting at $25.00 / hour
- Premiums applicable by sector
Does working with a team that prioritizes the well-being of vulnerable clients appeal to you?
Does social integration and rehabilitation objectives motivate your daily work?
Are you able to consider people as they are, in respect to their uniqueness, personality, strengths, and their challenges?
Do you like working in a team?
Are you looking for new challenges and want to acquire new experiences with different types of clientele?
Do you want to accomplish and surpass your limits both personally and professionally?