APPLY as Special Education Technician (SET)
Special Education Technicians urgently needed!
The Special Education Technician / Worker assists people who have difficulty adapting, such as people with physical or intellectual disabilities, delinquents or drug addicts, in order to help them facilitate their social integration or rehabilitation. This includes observing the attitudes and behaviours of these individuals, participate in the evaluation of their needs, develop an intervention plan to help them adapt, conduct individual or group activities, and carry out periodic evaluations to monitor them.
The Special Education Technician strives to create an environment of trust that will enable him or her to provide the necessary assistance to the person experiencing difficulties, and encourage social integration through connections.
Up-to-date (ITCA) training = an asset
Experience with clients living with an intellectual disability (ID) and/or autism spectrum disorder (ASD) = an asset
- Competitive salary
- Work with a variety of clients
- Ongoing training program available
- Comprehensive group insurance and pension fund
- Web portal to manage your schedules, availability, work opportunities and easy access to your employment records and reference documents
- Support from a team of interdisciplinary clinical advisors
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of working locally; all-inclusive package
Check out our current job openings!
You can use our job search system to see if a position might be right for you.
Abilities and skills required:
- A person with a passion for helping others
- Good ability to relate to others
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent listening and empathy skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Good ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Organizational skills
- High level of autonomy and resourcefulness
- Strong analytical skills
- Good professional judgement
- Strong ability to adapt
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal employment opportunity:
Our establishment applies an equal employment opportunity program for members of targeted groups: women, aboriginal peoples, visible and ethnic minorities, and people with disabilities.
Indications that this job is for you:
- Would you like to work with a team for whom the well-being of their clients is a top priority?
- Do you have a passion for adaptation and rehabilitation work to help increase autonomy and reduce handicap difficulties for clients?
- Do you regard each human as unique, with their own strengths and personality? The user is, first and foremost, a person before the diagnosis.
- Do you like working in a team?
- Are you looking to find fulfillment in your work and to better yourself?
- Are you looking for new challenges and new experiences with different types of clientele?
- Diploma of College Studies (DCS) in Special Education (or equivalent)
- Full-time, part-time, temporary, contract
- 8-hour work shift
- Minimum availability of every other weekend
- Disability Insurance
- Supplementary Insurance Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Starting at $40.00 / hour
- Premiums applicable by sector
Does working with a team that prioritizes the well-being of vulnerable clients appeal to you?
Does social integration and rehabilitation objectives motivate your daily work?
Are you able to consider people as they are, in respect to their uniqueness, personality, strengths, and their challenges?
Do you like to work in a team?
Are you looking for new challenges and want to acquire new experiences with different types of clientele?
Do you want to accomplish and surpass your limits both personally and professionally?