APPLY as a Psychoeducator
The Psychoeducator works with people who have behavioural difficulties in their living environment(s).
MANDATE – MAIN TASKS:
- Observe, evaluate, accompany and support clients in need of adaptation;
- Determine and implement an intervention or service plan, taking into account the resources of the client, the family and the living environment;
- Write the Psychoeducational Assessment if requested;
- Collaborate with others according to the services required, and the areas of activities in which they are assigned;
- Working with the client in the context of educational experience, and share their needs with the interdisciplinary team;
- Intervene in crisis situations, and evaluate the services required for his or her condition;
- Acknowedge and respect the different cultural and language rights of the assisted families.
Up-to-date (ITCA) training = an asset
- A competitive salary
- The ability to work with a variety of clients
- Continuing Education programs
- Full group insurance benefits and pension plan
- A web portal to manage your schedules, availability, work opportunities, and access to your employment records and documents
- Support from members of an interdisciplinary care team
- A flexible schedule
- The opportunity of working in the region; all-inclusive formula
Check out our current job openings!
You can use our job search system to find the best job for you!
Abilities and skills required:
- A person with a passion for helping others
- Good ability to relate to others
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent listening and empathy skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Good ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Organizational skills
- High level of autonomy and resourcefulness
- Strong analytical skills
- Good professional judgement
- Strong ability to adapt
Nous remercions toutes les personnes qui poseront leur candidature. Nous communiquerons seulement avec celles retenues pour une entrevue.
Accès à l’égalité en emploi :
Notre établissement applique un programme d’accès à l’égalité en emploi pour les personnes des groupes visés soit les femmes, les autochtones, les minorités visibles et ethniques ainsi que les personnes handicapées.
Mesures COVID-19 :
Nous suivons rigoureusement les recommandations gouvernementales et nous adaptons à chaque situation et/ou chaque nouvelle directive.
Indications that this job is for you:
- Enjoy working with the public
- Good organizational skills
- Good communication and listening skills
- Be able to adapt to all types of environments and clienteles
- Be imaginative and creative
- Demonstrate initiative and autonomy in the workplace
- Know how to observe and analyze information, situations and people
- Master’s Degree in Psychoeducation
- Be a member of the Ordre des Psychoéducateurs et des Psychoéducatrice du Québec (OPPQ) *
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle = an asset
- Fluent in written and spoken French
- Work experience in the field = an asset
- Bilingual = an asset
- Master’s Degree in Psychoeducation Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychoeducation or a related field
- Full-time, part-time, temporary, contract
- 8-hour work shift
- Minimum availability of every other weekend
- Disability Insurance
- Supplementary Insurance Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Starting at $50.00 / hour
- Premiums applicable by sector
Does working with a team that prioritizes the well-being of vulnerable clients appeal to you?
Does social integration and rehabilitation objectives motivate your daily work?
Are you able to consider people as they are, in respect to their uniqueness, personality, strengths, and their challenges?
Do you like working in a team?
Are you looking for new challenges and want to acquire new experiences with different types of clientele?
Do you want to accomplish and surpass your limits both personally and professionally?