become an intervention agent
Are you passionate about intervention, and care about the safety of vulnerable people in a respectful and benevolent manner?
The intervention agent works in several environments such as hospitals, youth centres (CJ), residential and long-term care centres / homes, intermediate resources (IR), and others.
Works with a diverse clientele, including people living with an intellectual disability (ID) or an autism spectrum disorder (ASD), people living with a mental health disorder, people with a severe behavioural disorder (SBD), elderly people with a loss of autonomy, young people experiencing adaptation difficulties, etc.
Main dutes of an intervention agent:
- Conduct effective security rounds of the facility;
- Provide support, supervision, guidance and animation to the individuals who are referred to it;
- Welcome clients;
- Takes charge of the person in crisis, or if he/she needs special assistance;
- Support interveners by providing a presence;
- Communicate observations with the help of meaningful reports;
- Use physical intervention when the situation requires it.
Do you want to apply?
We invite you to complete our quick two-minute questionnaire.
This form will help us to better assess your needs in relation to your future employment.
Do you have your highschool diploma?
Are you looking for a job in the field of social intervention?
Look no further!
We offer all the necessary training (must be available for intervention training on the dates proposed by the agency).
What are the advantages of working with us? Individualized follow-up and support from our professional clinical team at all times, flexible hours, benefits, competitive salary and more.
Abilities and skills required:
- Good ability to relate to others;
- Excellent ability to listen with understanding and empathy;
- Ability to handle stressful situations;
- Ability to perform therapeutic physical interventions with respect and kindness (ITCA – Therapy Certification Training required);
- Strong ability to adapt;
- Good ability to work in a multidisciplinary team;
- Good observation skills and sitution analysis;
- Takes initiatives within the scope of his or her duties;
- Good professional judgement;
Indications that this job is for you:
- Would you like to work with a multidisciplinary team for whom the well-being of their clients is a top priority?
- Do you enjoy working directly with clients?
- For you, each human is unique, with their own strengths and personality. The user is, first and foremost, a person before the diagnosis.
- Do you care about everyone’s safety (users, colleagues, and yourself), while keeping in mind the respect and well-being of the users?
- Are you looking to find fulfillment in your work and to better yourself?
- Are you looking for new challenges and new experiences with different types of clientele?
- Do you have the initiative, and are you willing to help with daily tasks?
Does working with a team that prioritizes the well-being of vulnerable clients appeal to you?
Does social integration and rehabilitation objectives motivate your daily work?
Are you able to consider people as they are, in respect to their uniqueness, personality, strengths, and their challenges?
Do you like to work in a team?
Are you looking for new challenges and want to acquire new experiences with different types of clientele?
Do you want to accomplish and surpass your limits both personally and professionally?